We love when local chefs incorporate our extra virgin olive oil oil, cured olives and even ranch produce into their menus. Here are a few of our favorite bites (and sips) to check off your list:
1. Chef Scott Youkilis just started using our oil at Maverick on everything from pasta and salads to one of the best sounding desserts of summer: Yellow Peach Crumble with McEvoy Ranch extra virgin olive oil ice cream from Humphrey Slocombe. Make haste before peach season ends!
2. A warm plate of McEvoy Ranch cured Tuscan table olivesis always good, but try grazing on them while taking in spectacular views of San Francisco's skyline and the Golden Gate bridge at Cavallo Point's Murray Circle Restaurant and Farley Bar.
3. Chef Thierry Clement of L'Ardoise just served this popular dish at the SF Symphony's opening night gala: Warm yukon gold potatoes and salmon marinated in McEvoy extra virgin olive oil. Good news, he serves this winner on his regular menu, too.
4. Next time you're wine tasting along the Silverado Trail, make sure to stop at one of our favorite biodynamic wineries, Robert Sinskey. Each of Sinskey's daily tastings include delicious, local food pairings such as McEvoy tuscan table olives with fennel pollen and orange zest, which are natural match to their earthy 2005 Los Carneros Marcien.
5. Details are the secret to Charles Phan's famous Vietnamese restaurant, the Slanted Door. Therefore it makes good sense that he's sourcing the "sexiest spearmint" around (from McEvoy Ranch's organic gardens) to garnish his Whiskey Smash cocktail and liven up his refreshing Mint Tea.
6. Along the Point Reyes National Seashore, just off Highway 1 in Tomales Bay, Nick's Cove is a destination in and of itself. Unwind over a glistening platter of freshly shucked, local oysters alongside a simple green salad with McEvoy Ranch extra virgin olive oil and a crisp white wine. It doesn't get much better.
7. Housemade tomato sauce with shaved garlic andhousemade mozzerella, plus basil and a nice drizzle of McEvoy Ranch extra virgin olive oil equals one fine Margherita pizza. Try it at Rosso Pizzeria in Santa Rosa.
8. At Rocker Oysterfellers, feast on Local Pan Roasted Halibut, Caramelized Shallot Rice Cake,
Hazelnut-Peashoot Pesto, Roasted Carrots and McEvoy Ranch extra virgin olive. Need I say more?
9. Just down the road from our ranch on Petaluma Blvd, Sooze Wine Bar Cafeis a cozy, ingredient-driven spot and a locals' favorite. Try the house green salad with McEvoy olive oil-balsamic vinaigrette where our grassy, early harvest blend really shines.
10. In Mill Valley, Cici gelateria makes classic Italian gelato like stracciatella, fior di latte, carmello anda smooth, creamy scoop with our Tuscan-style extra virgin olive oil. One word: delizioso!