In case your holiday menu isn't quite set in stone, here are some fresh ideas for Thanksgiving:
1. Buy a variety of oils, download this sensory chart and test the whole family with a blind tasting while the turkey cooks.
2. Serve an Italian crudite platter with sea salt and new oil: Pinzimonio.
3. Trade butter for Olio Nuovo in your favorite mashed potato recipe, or try this one from 101 Cookbooks.
4. Skip artichoke dip and add this recipe from Gourmet: Artichokes Braised in Lemon and Olive Oil.
5. Push the pie envelope and serve this Olive Oil Cake from Saveur with fresh figs and vanilla ice cream drizzled with sea salt and new oil.
And be thankful for good oil.