1. Try: McEvoy ice cream anyone? Gather all your foodie friends and check out SF's newest artisan ice cream shop Humphry Slocumbe. (2790 Harrison St., SF)
2. Watch: Tune in to the second season of "Joanne Weir's Cooking Class" and watch as our favorite cooking teacher, chef and author shows real-life students her favorite tips, tricks and recipes. Find local listings here.
3. Nest: After you clear your 2008 clutter, freshen up your space all year long with organic flowers from our "Fresh from the Ranch" delivery. Stop by our Ferry Building shop Wednesday afternoons for first dibs and check back on the blog to see what's bloomin'...
4. Supportthe ones you love. If you think times are tough at your house, imagine how your neighborhood restaurants are feeling as business slows in the winter months. In case you're stumped on where to go, here are a few of our favorites.
5. Trade Up: Exercise is great and all, but you can also do your body good in '09 by trading in butter for olive oil. Try baking, cooking and finishing everything with McEvoy extra virgin olive oil and your heart will thank you.
6. Read: In "The Olive Route," by Carol Drinkwater, journey back thousands of years to the origins of the olive tree and explore a history as rich as the ancient Silk Road. Drinkwater is an olive farmer in the south of France and author of a series of olive-related books.
7. Grow: If Drinkwater's books inspire you (and you have a nice sunny spot) why not grow your own olive tree? We primarily sell Italian varietals (Frantoio, Leccino, Maurino, Pendolino and Coratina) and have them available at our Ferry Building shop.
8. Veg: Eat more. Sign up for a CSA, shop at your local farmer's market and don't forget to stop by our shop on Wednesdays for organic produce from the ranch.
9. Tour: Visit us at the ranch for one of our popular garden or orchard tours and get a glimpse of everything we do at McEvoy. Our 2009 tour schedule will be set in early March, so please check back and book early.