I am always excited when I start down a path with a recipe and learn things.My intention with this recipe was just to create a sauce for grilled food. I love grilling and the smoky flavors that come with it but, sometimes things don't turn out quite as tasty as planned. This is your fix for anything off the grill that is slightly flavor shy. The good news is that additionally, it works so well as a braise. On those nights that are a little chilly and you don't want to be grilling - you are all set!
Bruschetta, Tapenade, Balsamic SauceThis deeply delicious sauce brings grilled chicken, fish or veggies a big kiss of umami. It works beautifully as a braising sauce as well and if there are leftovers, you are rewarded with a yummy sauce for pasta. Win - Win - Win! Ingredients for Sauce 1 7 oz. jar McEvoy Ranch Cherry Pepper Bruschetta 1 10.5 oz. jar McEvoy Ranch Black Olive Tapenade ¼ cup McEvoy Ranch Balsamic Vinegar 2 Tbsp. McEvoy Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil Directions
- Mix together, let sit for 15 minutes.
- Use as a sauce for grilled chicken, fish or vegetables
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a pan with a tight-fitting lid that will fit the chicken pieces in a single layer, saute chicken pieces over medium-high heat in 1 Tbsp. McEvoy Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil, starting skin side down until lightly browned. Turn the pieces over and lightly brown the other side.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add carrots, potatoes and sauce.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Chickens vary in size so check for doneness.