We grow an assortment of micro, baby and "teen" greens throughout the year following a biodynamic calendar.Our ranch chefs, Gerald and Mark, love using these nutrient-rich young greens to embellish and enliven their dishes, but don't be intimidated. Tiny greens are just as approachable for the home cook.Here's a simple appetizer we frequently share with our Ferry Building shopcustomers that highlights our seasonal greens and extra virgin olive oil.MCEVOY MICRO GREEN CROSTINI
1. Thinly slice and toast one Acme sweet baguette.
2. Spread toasts with any soft, mild, fresh Cow's milk cheese (we often use Cowgirl Creamery's fromage blanc or fresh Jersey ricotta).
3. Season each cheese toast with salt and pepper.
4. Top cheese with one or two leaves of micro mizuna, kale, arugula, radish or other favorite young green
5. Drizzle with our extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
Young greens are seasonally available each Tuesday and Friday at noon in our San Francisco Ferry Building shop!