This simple recipe was a hit at our holiday open house and makes for a delicious addition to a homemade brunch or gathering where snacks are served.
1) Whip up a soft cheese (chevre, fromage blanc, ricotta) with some whipping cream and salt to taste.
2) Thaw one package of puff pastry dough.
2) Roll out dough to 1/2 of thickness and cut into 3" x 3" squares.
3) Pop into a 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Puff pastry should be just starting to brown and bottom should be stiff.
4) Press down the inside of the partially cooked pastry, leaving a perimeter for the crust.
5) Spread a thin layer of your favorite preserves on the indented section.
6) Put back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until crust is fully cooked.
7) Once cooled spread on the whipped soft cheese.
We love this recipe with our Plum & Anise Preserves and fromage blanc or Pink Pearl Apple Marmalade with goat cheese. For a savory twist use our Meyer Lemon Marmaladeand add thyme or chives to the goat cheese and top with arugula.