- Gently wash face with cool water before beginning; if wearing make-up, remove it naturally with organic jojoba oil.
- Mix dried or fresh herbs and flowers in a large heatproof bowl to total 1/2 c - 1 cup; add 4-5 drops essential oil, if desired.
- Boil 3 c water and pour over herbs; immediately cover bowl with a towel or lid so to trap oils and aromatics.
- Allow botanicals to steep for 5 minutes.
- Find a comfortable sitting or kneeling position and lean face over the bowl about 6” - 8” from water, draping head and bowl with a large towel to prevent steam from escaping.
- Keeping eyes closed, inhale deeply for maximum therapeutic benefits. Purify and steam for 5-10 minutes, coming up from steam as necessary to the point where you skin sweats but does not uncomfortably burn
- Pat dry and wipe face with a cool washcloth to close pores and follow with a toner if desired
- Relax in sivasana for a few minutes. Repeat weekly.