- 3 1/2 pounds vine-ripened heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks*
- 1 unpeeled Armenian, English or Japanse cucumber, cut into chunks*
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1/2 habanero chile, stem, seeds and ribs removed
- 2 large cloves garlic, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup McEvoy Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- McEvoy Ranch extra virgin olive oil or plain yogurt for garnish
- chopped fresh mint for garnish
- In a nonreactive container, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, chile, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 12 hours or up to 36 hours, stirring once or twice.
- Working in batches, process the tomato mixture in a blender until smooth. Pass the puree through the fine screen of a food mill placed over a bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve immediately in chilled bowls with a drizzle of olvie oil or yogurt and a sprinkle of mint.