There is always an upside.One of the upsides of our current homebound situation is that people are cooking! Families are cooking together, and kids are cooking with their parents. We will hold these memories dear when things return to their hectic pace. Don't miss the moment - dig in and enjoy. Making pasta is an easy, group friendly, kid-friendly activity. The recipe online from Bon Appetite is my favorite, but there is also a good video that walks you through the process if you are a visual learner or have not made pasta before. If you have eggs, flour, olive oil, and salt, you are good to go. Oh - a pasta maker helps, and there are pasta attachments for KitchenAid mixers as well. If not, you can do the entire process with your hands and a rolling pin, old school. It's a little messy but honestly a delightful process, and I promise it will bring big smiles to diners and participants. Now to saucing that pasta. We are all adjusting our supply chains to accommodate our current situation. McEvoy Ranch to the rescue with e-commerce.
Here are some suggestions:*Note - farmers' markets and local artisan cheesemakers are delivering or arranging for curbside pick up as well. Let's support all of our local foodsheds!
- Saute some sliced shallots, add sliced mushrooms when shallots are translucent. Saute mushrooms until browned, add ½ cup ofMcEvoy Ranch Black Olive Tapenadeand ½ cup of creme fraiche - toss with your cooked fresh pasta and a little reserved pasta water. Sprinkle on some fresh herbs.
- Toss cooked pasta withMcEvoy Ranch Classic Italian Bruschetta and add a dollop of fresh ricotta - or some crumbled cooked sausage.
- Toss cooked pasta withMcEvoy Ranch Artichoke Lemon Bruschettaand some halved cherry tomatoes. Save a little pasta water to mix in if the sauce is too thick.
- Saute some fresh clams (Hog Island delivers!) with some garlic. Add to cooked pasta with someMcEvoy Ranch Spicy Green Olive Tapenade andMcEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil. Add some fresh parsley, and you have a feast! If clams are available, good tinned tuna packed in olive oil is delicious as well.
- Slice fresh asparagus on the bias, saute briefly in McEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil, add cooked pasta. Toss with more Lemon Olive Oil, grated parmesan, and a little pasta water to make a creamy sauce. Garnish with lemon zest.