McEvoy Sangria 6 McEvoy blood oranges* 12 McEvoy meyer lemons* 8 ounces sparkling orange or lemon juice 18 ounces fresh squeezed orange juice (for a sweeter sangria, substitute apple juice) 3-4 bottles McEvoy pinot noir** 1 large, deep clear serving bowl
- Wash all citrus fruit thoroughly.
- Slice fruits first in half, lengthwise, then cut halves into 1/4-inch slices.
- Toss fruits in large serving bowl and add orange juice.
- Using a pestle or large wooden spoon, gently crush fruit to release juices.
- Add orange or apple juice and stir well.
- Pour in wine and sparkling juice, mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
*Organic fruits from our orchards are delivered to our Ferry Building shop on Wednesday afternoons; availability varies by season.
**McEvoy wine is not yet available for sale. In the meantime, feel free to substitute your favorite red.