When looking for comfort, pasta is at the top of my list.Potatoes and beans follow closely behind. This simple sauce could work with any of those beloved carbohydrates. It's simple, it's fast and if your kids are okay with black olives, it should be very kid-friendly. The McEvoy Ranch Rosemary Olive Oil and McEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil together are a brilliant combination of flavors. Rosemary and lemon are good partners. Remember that when you are making croutons next time!
Thin Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes, Black Olive Tapenade, Rosemary and Lemon Olive Oil
Serves 2Ingredients 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half from top to tail Kosher salt and Aleppo pepper to taste + Kosher salt for pasta water 3 Tbsp. McEvoy Ranch Black Olive Tapenade 1-1/2 Tbsp. McEvoy Ranch Rosemary Olive Oil 1-1/2 Tbsp. McEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil 1 cup loosely packed baby arugula, roughly chopped if using larger arugula 4 oz. dry thin spaghetti or capellini 4 oz. fresh cheese, divided - Note: Nicasio Valley Foggy Morning, Bellwether Ricotta, Cowgirl Creamery Fromage Blanc, or Laura Chenel Fresh Chevre are all good choices. Directions
- Mix cherry tomatoes with black olive tapenade, rosemary olive oil, and lemon olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, remembering that the tapenade will add salt and set aside.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions until al dente.
- Drain pasta, reserving some of the pasta water.
- Return drained pasta to the cooking pot and add the marinated tomato mixture.
- Add 1 Tbsp. pasta water, the arugula, and 2 oz. of fresh cheese.
- Toss over a very low flame until the mixture begins to coat the strands of pasta and form a sauce.
- Plate the pasta and top with the additional 2 oz. of cheese.