McEvoy Ranch Tuscan Table Olives are a treat with their different sizes, colors, textures, and flavors.They are a gift from our orchards to your table. No dressing up is necessary but very little effort can turn this treat into something even more special. If you haven't eaten olives warm - you should. And, add anchovies. Step back haters, the anchovies disappear except for the umami flavor that the anchovies bring to any dish. To finish, add a little citrus peel, garlic, and fresh herbs with a splash of olive oil and you'll be happy you did.
Warm Olive AppetizerIngredients 1 jarMcEvoy Ranch Tuscan Table Olives, drained of brine 2 Tbsp. McEvoy Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2-3 oz. oil packed anchovies 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced 1 small sprig rosemary 1 lemon, thinly peeled and cut into strips Directions
- Warm olive oil over a low flame
- Chop anchovies - fine or chunky depending on how you feel about anchovies. Don't leave them out. The underlying, satisfying umami they add really elevates this dish.
- Add anchovies to the olive oil with the garlic and rosemary sprig. Warm slowly until the anchovies melt.
- Add olives to the pan and cook slowly until they are warmed through.
- Place olives in a bowl and pour the oil from the pan over them.