Years ago our gardeners created a rich hand salve to soothe and nourish their dry, sore skin after long days at the ranch. Handcrafted simply with our extra virgin olive oil, beeswax and organic botanicals, this healing olive oil body balm gained a cult following among local gardeners and chefs for its effectiveness on burns, cuts, scrapes, bites, bee stings and any stubborn, rough patches in need of an intensive moisturizer.
It worked like magic and certainly got us thinking about the powerful benefits that our extra virgin olive oil has on skin.
Since then we’ve created an entire body care line inspired by the clean, all-natural ingredients from our Petaluma ranch. Including, this luxurious olive oil body balm available in Verde, Lavender and Blood Orange.
Our Ode Natural Beauty body balm has all the benefits of our original gardener’s salve, and then some. Made of 89% organic ingredients, it’s a blend of olive (81%) and jojoba oils, beeswax and vitamin E.
Extra virgin olive oil is full of antioxidants with an excellent fatty acid composition that nourishes, protects and softens skin. Vitamin E gives the balm an additional boost of antioxidants, and jojoba oil is particularly beneficial in treating inflamed and irritated skin.
A little goes along way with this rich formulation and the its healing benefits seem endless.
What’s your favorite way to use our Olive Oil Body Balm?
- In winter months, massage into dry knuckles and cuticles, as well as rough patches on heels and elbows
- Mix it with a bit of our Hand & Body Lotion for an ultra rich hand or foot treatment
- Give just-shaven legs a nourishing sheen after showering
- Soothe sun-kissed shoulders in warm months
- Dab on burns, scars or skin irritations like eczema
- Apply a small amount to a q-tip or cottonball to gently remove eye make-up
- Treat new or expectant moms to a jar to heal stretch marks, nursing sores and diaper rash, too!
Ready to try our olive oil body balm for yourself? Order our body balm in your favorite scent now.