Cookie bars are always a favorite. They are usually easy to put together and everything goes into one pan. There is no scooping, rolling or cutting. Nothing against other cookies but during the holidays when it’s nice to have more than one type of cookie to bake and share, cookie bars should always find their way into the mix.
These are perfect for a cookie exchange, a lunchbox or afternoon tea. The Spiced Pear Jam is warming and seasonal but McEvoy Ranch Triple Berry Jam would be delicious as well.
Ready – Set – Bake!
Streusel Top Spiced Pear Cookie Bars
Makes 20 cookie bars
Ingredients for bottom crust
½ cup butter, melted
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour
Preheat oven to 325 F. Line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment or foil and butter the top of the foil or parchment. Leave extra on the sides to allow you to lift the bars out of the pan.
- Stir together melted butter and vanilla.
- Stir together flour, salt and sugar and add to butter and vanilla. Stir just to combine
- Press dough into prepared pan. Use an offset spatula to smooth.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and prick dough all over with a fork.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until dough is set and lightly browned.
Ingredients for filling and Streusel topping
¼ cup all purpose flour
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup cold butter (½ stick)
2 tablespoons orange zest
½ cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
1 jar McEvoy Ranch Spiced Pear Jam
Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pulse flour, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg orange zest and butter in a food processor.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Spread jam evenly on top of cooled crust.
- Sprinkle streusel on top.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until streusel is set and lightly browned.
- Cool, then carefully remove from pan with parchment or foil “handles” and cut cookies into bars.