The world can change on a dime - right?We were all cruising along; planning a wedding, buying a house, kvetching about the upcoming election, on and on, and then wham - Covid-19 sticks a landing. I'm a nutritionally focused chef - not a scientist and certainly not any kind of expert to lead you through the current avalanche of information. As always, vet your source - it's a lot to process. I do know a couple of things - stress is hard on your immune system and not sleeping is hard on your immune system. I also know that, for me, cooking comforts me and reduces my stress. When everything is off the rails, my kitchen calls to me. If cooking calms you, here are some thoughts. If your pantry is stocked, you are a lucky person. I'm going to tuck a recipe in here that is pantry based, makes six servings (you can freeze or share), is delicious and easy. Also, here are a few things to know:
- Most local Farmer's Markets are open - check online. Our local farmers need our support. Farm stands are another option if they are open. A lot of them are honor system and you can keep your distance if anyone else is shopping. Follow those rules at the Farmer's Market too.
- Many local producers, cheesemakers for one, are offering free delivery. Let's help them stay in business.
- McEvoy Ranch is open for online orders and Curbside Pick-up, and you can stock your pantry! Help us stay in business and keep our hardworking farmers employed.
BAKED PASTA WITH RICOTTA AND HERBS
1 pound dry pasta, cooked very al dente1 cup whole milk ricotta, Bellwether is my favorite 2 Tbsp. McEvoy Ranch Basil Olive Oil 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs 2 jars McEvoy Ranch Classic Italian Bruschetta 1/2 tsp. chili flakes 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded Directions
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drain pasta and let cool briefly.
- Mix ricotta, basil oil, herbs, 1 jar bruschetta and chili flakes in a large bowl.
- Add pasta to the bowl and toss gently.
- Put 1/2 of the other jar of bruschetta into the bottom of a baking dish and add pasta-cheese mixture.
- Spread pasta mixture out evenly and spoon the other 1/2 jar of bruschetta on top.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella on top and bake for approximately 30 minutes.