Warm Olive Appetizer
This is an easy charmer for cocktail hour. If you have not enjoyed olives warm before, you will be pleasantly surprised at the elevated experience. Even if you are not an anchovy lover, don't leave them out. The boosted umami flavor is what you will appreciate. The anchovies can be your little secret.Ingredients 2 Tbsp.McEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil 2 - 3 oz. oil-packed anchovies 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced 1 small sprig rosemary 1 lemon, thinly peeled and cut into strips 1 jarMcEvoy Ranch Tuscan Table Olives,drained of brine Directions
- Warm olive oil over a low flame.
- Chop anchovies - fine or chunky depending on how you feel about anchovies. Don’t leave them out. That underlying, satisfying umami they add really elevates this dish.
- Add anchovies to the olive oil with the garlic and rosemary sprig. Warm slowly until the anchovies melt.
- Add olives to the pan and cook slowly until they are warmed through.
- Place olives in a bowl and pour the oil from the pan over them.
Crab and Lemon Olive Oil PastaThis delicious pasta is a seasonal celebration of crab andMcEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil. Vinaigrette Ingredients 1 Meyer lemon, including peel 1 garlic clove crushed ½ teaspoon Kosher salt ½ cupMcEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil + 2 Tbsp. for drizzling Freshly ground black pepper (Red Chili flakes or Aleppo pepper may be substituted) Directions
- Cut the lemon in half. Remove seeds and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put lemon pieces in a food processor and pulse until the lemon is in coarse chunks but not pureed.
- Add garlic, salt and olive oil and puree.
- Transfer to a bowl and add black pepper or chili flakes to taste.
- Toss crab with vinaigrette. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Remove pasta to a bowl, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
- Toss pasta with Creme Fraiche, then add crab mixture and gently toss again keeping crab meat as intact as possible.
- Thin with pasta water if necessary.
- Plate in individual bowls, garnish with fresh herbs and lemon wedges.
- Drizzle with Lemon Olive Oil.