Summer gardens are bursting with a huge variety of tomatoes and this recipe is the best way to capture all the flavor. Add more red pepper flakes if you want more heat.
- 3 tbsp McEvoy Ranch Basil Olive Oil
- ½ - 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 8 Large Fresh Tomatoes, peeled and cut into big chunks
- 6 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ cup McEvoy Ranch Red Wine
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp high-quality Honey (If Keto - Substitute w/ ½ tsp of Stevia)
- 2 tsp Dried Basil
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Dried Marjoram
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Modena Balsamic Vinegar
Heat olive oil in a stockpot over medium heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until softened, about 5 minutes; add tomatoes, garlic, and bay leaf. Bring the liquid from the tomatoes to a boil, reduce to medium-low, and simmer mixture until tomatoes are softened, about 30 minutes.
Stir red wine, honey, basil, oregano, marjoram, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes into the tomato mixture; bring again to a simmer and cook until herbs have flavored the sauce, about 30 minutes more.
Stir Modena balsamic vinegar into the sauce.