Warm Chickpea and Sweet Potato Salad with Creamy Garlic Dressing
- 1 can chick peas drained and dried
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 bunch of Dino Kale
- 2 cups Arugula
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbs Zatar seasoning
- 1 Tbs McEvoy Ranch Rosemary Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs McEvoy Ranch Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs of McEvoy Ranch Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (if tolerated or can use dairy free)
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp salt Pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a small bowl or blender and blend until ingredients are combined. Dressing can be saved for 3-4 days.
Creamy garlic salad dressing:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse Dino Kale, take the spine out of the kale, layer the leaves and roll so it’s easier to cut and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside and massage Kale with 1/2 Tbs rosemary olive oil for 2-3 min.
- Drain the chickpeas and dry them, place in separate bowl and add 1/2 Tbs rosemary olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper, chili powder.
- Next chop the sweet potato into small squares and place in separate bowl with 1 Tbs garlic olive oil, mix with zatar, salt, pepper and mix.
- Place the chickpeas and sweet potato on parchment paper and baking sheet. Roast for 30-40 minutes and finish on broil for 5 minutes.
- Combine the arugula and kale and add salad dressing. Next add the sweet potatoes and chickpeas.
- Mix and serve warm.