Blood Orange Olive Oil Lemon Curd Rosemary Cake
- 2 cups organic all purpose flour (or gluten free flour)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
1/4 cup McEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 Tbs lemon curd
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 orange juiced plus the rind zested
- 1 cup plain full fat greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- 2 Tbs refresh rosemary fine chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour in a bowl (don’t skip this step, it helps to add fluff to the density of the oil)
- Combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients and sir generously until all ingredients are combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- When blended well add to the loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes to 60 minutes. You will know it is done when the color of the crust turns a golden brown with a slight crunch and the loaf passes the toothpick test.
- *toothpick or knife test: poke the center of the loaf to the bottom of the pan and if the knife or toothpick comes out clean, it is done**