My favorite go to recipe to replace mash potatoes. So rich and creamy your family will never want potatoes again! Delicious with fish, chicken, or to make a base for Sheppard’s Pie.
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- McEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil or Rosemary Olive Oil
Pour broth into a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil and add cauliflower. You want the broth to cover at least ½ of the cauliflower. Add garlic and cover. Cook 5-7 minutes until cauliflower is soft and faulting apart. Remove from heat and drain completely in a strainer. Return cauliflower to the pan off heat and add cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Use an immerser until creamy. Add heavy whipping cream at the end and blend completely. Salt and pepper to taste. Place in bowl or on plate and top with McEvoy Ranch Lemon if serving with fish or Rosemary with pork or chicken. Place protein of your choice on top for the perfect meal!
Recipe by Kym Hough, McEvoy Ranch.