Who couldn't use a good chocolate cookie right about now?These are easy - no mixer required - and richly delicious. The ingredient list is pantry friendly, baking is a happy-making activity, and eating chocolate cookies is too! By the way, Turbinado sugar is not a must. Regular sugar will work and if you have any sanding sugar leftover from Christmas cookies, that will work too. Enjoy!
OLIVE OIL CHOCOLATE COOKIESIngredients ¾ cup stone-ground white whole wheat flour ⅓ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder, sifted ½ tsp. baking soda ⅛ tsp. Kosher salt ¼ cup McEvoy Ranch Traditional Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil ¾ cup sugar 1 large egg, lightly beaten 2 Tbsp. honey ¾ tsp. vanilla Turbinado sugar, for rolling cookies Directions
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Whisk together oil, sugar, egg, honey, and vanilla.
- Stir flour mixture into oil mixture.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Scoop dough into teaspoon size balls. Roll in palms until they are round.
- Pour turbinado sugar into a bowl. Drop in cookie balls and roll around until they are evenly coated.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet 2” apart.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Rotate the pan and bake for another 6 minutes.