This delicious roasted squash and green salad features delectable delicata squash alongside earthy Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar and our bright Lemon Olive Oil.
- Cut the delicata squash in half and remove the ends and seeds. Then cut the squash into small slices (about ¼ inch thick). Toss with salt, pepper, a touch of McEvoy Ranch Lemon Olive Oil and the Mission Fig Balsamic Vinegar.
- Cook the squash at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until soft. When the squash is finished cooking remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes and then drizzle with a touch more of the balsamic vinegar.
- Place your greens into a bowl and top with sunflower seeds, arils from the pomegranate, and the cooled squash.
- In a small saucepan add a drizzle of lemon olive oil and place your sliced onion , salt and pepper into the pan, cook on medium heat until the onions start to lightly brown and caramelize (7-10 minutes).
- Let the onions cool and then add them to your salad.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend to combine.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and mix to combine.