The list of Game Day Party Recipes from the Food Network includes such illustrious offerings as Bacon-Cheeseburger Garbage Bread, Hot Wings, Meatball Sliders, Super Nachos, and - of course, Pizza.A survey of co-workers' favorites rang in an old favorite of mine - Pigs in a Blanket. Feel free to upscale or downscale the "Pigs" part. I used chicken apple sausages but a good hot dog is just fine. Don't miss out on the combo of Country Dijon Mustard and McEvoy Ranch Spicy Green Olive Tapenade.Note that this particular combo is a killer addition to hot dogs and burgers, as well! Also, a previous blog featured this special sauce with a soft pretzel recipe. That works for football too!
Pigs in a BlanketIngredients 1 jar McEvoy Ranch Spicy Green Olive Tapenade 1 jar Dijon Country Mustard 1 package chicken apple sausages, precooked (4 sausages) 1 8 oz. can refrigerated crescent rolls 1 large egg, lightly beaten with 1 Tbsp. water Directions
- Combine Tapenade and Mustard and place it in a serving bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut sausages in half lengthwise then cut each half into 3 pieces.
- Cut crescent rolls in thirds from the tip of the triangle to the center of the bottom.
- Roll each sausage piece in the cut dough.
- Arrange on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Egg wash the tops of the dough to enhance browning.
- Bake until dough is golden brown - 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and place on a serving platter with Tapenade Mustard.